Before the mold design, the designer should fully analyze and study whether the plastic product conforms to the injection molding processing principle, and needs to negotiate with the product designer carefully, and a consensus has been reached. Including the geometric shape, dimensional accuracy and appearance requirements of the product, necessary discussions, try to avoid unnecessary complexity in mold manufacturing.
2. Mould structure design .
A set of high-quality molds requires not only good processing equipment and skilled mold manufacturing workers, but also a very important factor is to have a good mold design. Especially for complex molds, the quality of the mold design accounts for 80% of the mold quality. %the above. An excellent mold design is: on the premise of meeting the requirements of the customers, the processing cost is low, the processing difficulty is small, and the processing time is short. To do this, it is necessary not only to fully digest the customer's requirements, but also to have an understanding of the injection molding machine, mold structure, processing technology and the mold factory's own processing capabilities. Therefore, to improve the level of mold design, the following points should be achieved:
1. Understand every detail in the design of each mold and understand the purpose of each part in the mold.
2. When designing, refer to previous similar designs, and understand the situation in its mold processing and product production, and learn from the experience and lessons.
3. Learn more about the working process of the injection molding machine to deepen the relationship between the mold and the injection molding machine.
4. Get to the factory to understand the process of processed products and recognize the characteristics and limitations of each process.
5. Understand the results of mold trial and mold modification of the mold designed by yourself, and learn lessons.
6. In the design, try to use the more successful mold structure before.
7. Know more about the impact of mold water on products.
8. Study some special mold structures and understand the latest mold technology.
In the selection of mold materials, in addition to considering the accuracy and quality of the product, it is also necessary to combine the actual processing and heat treatment capabilities of the mold factory to give the correct choice. In addition, in order to shorten the manufacturing cycle, use existing standard parts as much as possible.
4. Parts processing and mold assembly.
Except for the best structure and reasonable tolerance fit in the design, the accuracy of the mold is very important for parts processing and mold assembly. Therefore, the choice of processing accuracy and processing method occupies an absolute dominant position in mold manufacturing. The dimensional error of molded products is mainly composed of the following parts:
1. The manufacturing error of the mold is about 1/32. The error caused by the wear of the mold is about 1/63. The error caused by the uneven shrinkage of the molded part is about 1/34. The error caused by the inconsistency of the predetermined shrinkage and the actual shrinkage is about 1/6 total error = (1) (2) (3) (4)
5. Trial mold.
A set of molds only completes 70% to 80% of the entire manufacturing process from design to assembly. For the errors caused by the inconsistency between the predetermined shrinkage and the actual shrinkage, whether the demolding is smooth or not, the cooling effect, especially the influence of the size, position, and shape of the gate on the accuracy and appearance of the product, must be tested by mold trial. Therefore, mold trial is an indispensable step to check whether the mold is qualified and select the best molding process.